Sunday, April 27, 2008

My swap socks


Nutse sent them from Catalonia, they fit perfectly and I love the colors and texture. She sends a crochet flower brooch along with stitch markers, Opal sock yarn and a postcard and bookmark from Barcelona.



I was in Barcelona many years ago and I loved that city, especially all the Gaudí architectural feats. I even keep a Gaudí memento on my bookshelf, see?



That bookmark and that yarn will be put to use immediately. Thanks Nutse!

Not posting does not mean no knitting. I'm contributing two squares for the Raibow of Heroes afghan. I'll post the pictures later. I also finished a couple of books. The first one, by Ibargüengoitia, was somewhat disappointing. It was a volume containing three plays by him, none of which I liked much: Clotilde in her home, The Superficial Trip and Bird in Hand. I believe he must have based his novel Two Crimes on the last play. The novel is great, but the play isn't.

The other book I finished was The Gospel of Food, by Barry Glassner. It is refreshing to have someone tell you to stop worrying about what you eat, especially in this culture where skinny people are all over the media and everyone's complaining about how fat the rest of us are. Still, I do watch what I eat, and enjoy my food. I can't see why one thing would exclude the other.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very nice swap package!

thuy said...

the sock yarn people totally ripped off gaudi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...