Friday, September 14, 2007

Good news... I think

I got the position! Yay! Wait a minute, I only have a verbal offer. That, and a few hours spent trying to learn as much as I could from the person who's leaving. I cannot work yet, I must change my visa first, and for that I need something in writing. Nothing fancy. A simple letter saying something like "We are offering Pioggia such and such position with this salary".There are a few technicalities that must be added, but overall, it doesn't seem that difficult, especially since I have given them a sample from a friend of mine and tons of information. And yet, even though the decision was made on Monday (and they already knew by then that all I needed was that letter), I have nothing to go by.

Meanwhile, my life seems to be on standby. The semester started three weeks ago and I keep going on without knowing whether or not I will miss a few classes, or maybe even drop altogether. Emotionally, I feel like on a roller coaster. On one hand, it feels great that they want to hire me. On the other, I fear that as long as I don't have anything in writing they could still get someone else. I've been moody and I cannot even knit much. I've worked a few rows on the back of the pink thing and a few more rows of the chocolate socks.

           

You'd think I should be trying to relax and knit, but it's not working. I hope I'll make some progress over the weekend.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to hear you got a verbal offer! That's great news! I hope the visa and all that gets sorted out soon.

Stacie said...

Yay!!

Diane said...

You must feel very frustrated...i know i would,although i'm not quite as impatient as i was when i was younger,.I'm sure it will be fine it's just the waiting that's getting to you.....Think nice positive thoughts and do something nice to occupy your hands....let's see.....some more of the lovely pink thing??? I love the pattern!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...