Saturday, November 19, 2005

A fair solution

My mother owns a small kitchen scale. Actually, I think it is a baby scale, but whatever it was, it was very useful. I weighed the back of the linen top, then weighed what I had knitted so far of the front, and finally the rest of the linen yarn. That helped me realize that I could make the front identical to the back and still get 15 grams left. Of course, I did not want the front to be identical to the back, so I made a few changes and this is the result:




Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




The two little bobbins on the top are all the yarn I have left. I want a crochet edging, but there might not be enough yarn. I'm returning tomorrow to the U.S., and I didn't even touch the sock yarn or the crochet thread for the doilies. Next time I pack, I'll keep in mind that my knitting time is very limited when I'm with my niece and nephew!





Here's a picture of Cholula. That hill is actually a very old pyramid. It is now all covered by grass and vegetation but part of the base still remains. You can also visit the inside of the pyramid and find some internal stairways. The Spanyards built a church on top of it, which creates a weird contrast.




Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like it, although it does look like you need a little more yarn.



The old pyramid is so interesting. What a fun place to explore.

Andrea said...

Your top looks amazing! Knitting and vacation time - what a great combination. Does your family live near Cholula?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...