Friday, November 11, 2005

Another slideshow

Thanks for all the positive comments on the baby cardigan. I have here a few pictures of the back of my linen top, the one I'm not sure I'll be able to finish.



Casting on was a breeze...









And I like the look of the diamonds and cables even after I made some changes to accomodate gauge:








I completed the back according to the pattern but I had to rip it down since I'm seriously running out of yarn. This is how far I dare to rip down. Whatever I end up doing to save this project, I need full coverage up to my armpits:










A close-up of the armhole decreases:








This is my second attempt at the back. Notice that big keyhole opening? The original pattern didn't include that, of course, but I'm trying to save as much yarn as I can. I might end up ripping down again and going for straps if I get into trouble when working on the front.





Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us





This sort of guesswork requires concentration and time, it's not the best project when you're on vacation.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the stitch pattern that you chose. Are you close to running out of yarn, because I like the straps how you have them.

Sandra said...

Must confes I admire your will to rip and start again - I hate ripping more that sewinf knitted pieces together!

Love the coloure of linen top!

Stacie said...

I like the color of the yarn. Do you think you will run out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...