Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Time for some green

I unraveled some of that lap robe in order to add some color yarn in the middle, since I don't have enough brown yarn to finish it. It's a cute tweed yarn with orange, green and yellow.



And I finished my double sided potholder so I could use my 3.5 mm for a little green swatch. I know, I know, this site needs some pictures, but hubby is finishing his dissertation and stuck to the computer at all times. I'm posting from work.



According to my swatch, I need twice as many stitches as the pattern calls for. This means I'll end up messing around with the pattern (as usual) until I make it fit. Right now, I'd need 116 stitches, but the pattern calls for multiples of 8 plus three. So I'll use 115 stitches and cross my fingers.



I'm leaving this Saturday to spend two weeks in Spain. I don't usually travel this much, but it's the summer of family events. I'll bring my green tank with me and, unless I finish it before I leave, which seems ulikely, my lap robe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...