Monday, December 24, 2012


Not long ago I made this shawl:


I never liked it. Not only was it very boring to knit, it also looked plain and tended to roll up. I wore it once and was uncomfortable with it, it did not work neither as a shawl nor as a scarf. So I ripped it and used the yarn for a new shawl that started out with the Belmondo pattern. After using up a little less than 2/3 of my yarn, I added the edging of the Lazy Katy pattern. Because it comes from two different patterns, I named it Hybrid. This is the result:

Surprisingly, it is a little bit larger than the original. It also looks far more interesting and it lies flat.
I already wore it once over a dress and it stayed on my shoulders all night without a pin. Ripping that first shawl turned out to be a great idea.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...