Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Heat map

The spouse thought of the name and I think it's quite fitting, given the colors. The pattern is the Double Eyelet Rib Socks, by Wendy Johnson, modified to seven repeats around the foot instead of 8 (total 56 stitches instead of 64).

IMG_2709

The yarn is something I bought in Germany many years ago, called Belday. It reminds me of a Regia colorway I once worked with, except that it has a bright red instead of orange, but otherwise the striping pattern is very similar, to the point that I am sure they were intentionally imitating Regia's colorway. Here's a picture without flash, but neither one of them captures the colors well.

IMG_2710

Someone might wonder if 56 stitches are enough for an adult sock. They were just right for me and I have no complaints.
IMG_2714

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...