Sunday, March 01, 2009

Argyle Socks

This is what I learned to make this weekend:



Isn't it cute? I took a class at Stitches West with Suzann Thompson on how to knit Argyle socks. I was yet undecided on what to knit for my sock swap victim but, after taking this class, I am very tempted to scale up this sock and make a pair, of course, with more attention to detail. Some of the cross hatch stitches are not tight enough and there's a few twisted stitches on my little sample.

The only thing that worries me is the color scheme. A lot of people complimented it, but the spouse does not like it. He says I should ditch the purple, and make blue the main color with yellow diamonds.  Should I? Or should I stick with these colors?

4 comments:

sandra said...

I agree with your hubby, about coloures choice! Are there many loose ends?

Diane said...

I too agree with hubby....i love the yellow and blue....if i had the courage to knit socks i think i'd make the blue the main colour and have yellow for the diamonds,then the red for the fine cross overs......i have seen this combination...:0) i have a son who plays golf and these Argyle socks and sweaters are the "in thing" :0)

Jacey said...

I love the colors. My mum said her first knitting experience was argyle. My dad still has them. I make rugs and I can put the strangest colors together and I get raves. I have 4 normal solid colors and have yet to sell them.



I will try booties before I tackle argyle.

Cheers

Jennifer said...

So cute! I think the blue with the yellow diamonds would be very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...