Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beheading


Yes, it is a horrible concept. But according to these two websites, it had to be done. My African violet (remember her?) had stopped flowering, and was starting to look like a miniature tree.


So I gathered all the courage I could and beheaded my dear potted plant, who's been with me for more than four years. It broke my heart. Then I discovered that she actually had three heads instead of one, and I felt better. I hope at least one of them survives.



Here's the picture of the fingerless mitts I made last month.



I'm looking at the last issue of knotions and trying to figure out whether or not I should knit bifröst for my swap victim. I love the look of it, but it is a top down sock. I'm not sure if I should try converting it to toe-up or try toe grafting once more and see if I do a better job this time. What would you do?

1 comment:

sandra said...

Love those mitts! Great job!

Bifrost - well, in solid coloure definitely and top down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...