Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chocolate Socks


I finished the spouse's socks. I wanted him to model them but the socks are still moist.


Now that I'm done, I feel like starting another pair. Browsing around I came across an Opal sale. I like the look of Opal yarns but I've always been too cheap to try them. This time, at $11.10 per skein, I went ahead and ordered some. Of course, that means that I should at least get started with some of the sock yarn from the stash.  I chose some Regia Schachenmayr in funny blue, and Nancy Bush's Gentleman's Fancy Sock  pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks. I'm knitting backwards, from the toe.



The toe up method with a figure 8 cast on is good for lazy knitters like me: I did not knit a swatch, I just casted on 16 stitches and increased until the toe felt right on my foot. The toe is a little pointy but otherwise OK.

On the visa issue, I've no idea when I will get the second version of the letter. I need to learn to be patient and stop worrying. Marlena suggests finishing the pink thing so I can wear it in Mexico. Mexico City will not be warm enough for me to wear it, but if I have the chance to escape to the coast, then I might!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very nice socks for the husband! I think you'll like Opal sock yarn. It's good stuff. For some reason your comments on my blog aren't being sent to me by Typepad. I've heard from other Typepad users that there is a glitch in the comments. So, sorry I haven't emailed you back!

Sandra said...

Wish my hubby wanna wear hand-knitted socks!

Great your hubby appriciate it!

Stacie said...

Very cool! I'm stalled on knitting a pair of socks toe up until my friend measures her foot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...