Monday, November 19, 2007

Back to the Knitting


Yeah, because this is a knitting blog. So. Here are the chocolate socks. I'm making a cuff, even if the original pattern does not call for one.



And, here's the pink thing. The back is now as long as the front. Too bad the weather does not call for sleeveless cotton tanks anymore.



As you might have guessed, classes have kept me busy. Jobwise, there's great news: They want me for the lab position! Now it all becomes a different bureaucratic matter: The petition letter they write needs to please the US embassy so I can get a new visa. The first one was returned requesting revisions. These are going to be interesting times: The semester ends in less than a month, and during that time I need to travel to Mexico and change my visa. I have no idea when, so I cannot discuss the dates my professors in advance. They know about the job situation and they have been very supportive, so I am hoping they don't mind me being away during finals or handing in final projects early... or late.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Honey, this pink tank is soooo adorable that there is no need to wait for warmer weather - you can always wear in as a vest - something I do even with some of my summer shirts!

malusica said...

amiga.me encantaria saber de donde sacastes el patron de tu cosa rosa,la verdad es que me encanta.cariƃ±os para ti

Jennifer said...

What good job news! I hope all works good smoothly for you with the Visa.

Diane said...

I hope you get your job sorted and all goes well with the visa thingy.I think it's such a shame someone who really wants to work has to face so many obstacles....Good luck!

Marlena said...

Good luck with everything! Those socks are great, and it'll be warm soon enough for you to wear the pink thing. How close is it to finished? Mexico is hot, isn't it?

Andrea said...

Profs tend to be pretty flexible so I'm sure they'll be fine with you handing in projects or late or making alternative arrangements. It will work out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...