Friday, July 06, 2007

More Samples



Thanks to Custom Handweavers, I now have more samples for the electron microscope: Llama, alpaca, mohair, angora and cotton. The big white vial in the middle contains soy silk, which I may or may not use.

I have already mounted last weeks samples on carbon film:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And I will now proceed to sputter-coat them with a gold/palladium alloy. They will look more or less like this:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That's my own hair and some insect eggs. You need to coat the samples to make them conductive, otherwise you cannot see them in the electron microscope.

I have, of course, ripped the front of the lace tee and I am now in the process of knitting it again. What a pain! Eventually I'll get to ripping the back too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...