Friday, June 29, 2007

Samples


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


From left to right: shetland wool, merino, doggy hair, silk. I will start fixing them tomorrow so I can take a peek at them under the electronic microscope. I'm not sure about using soysilk or not. After all, it is an artificial fiber, even if it's made from a sustainable source. I'm more curious about angora or alpaca. Do you think the shop would be willing to let me take samples this small without buying anything from them?

Of course, I have also collected other materials so I can learn different techniques with different types of tissues, but I don't feel like showing any bug corpses here.

Thanks for all the get well wishes about my mother. She's really on her way to recovery. Knitwise, I fixed the length of the lacy tee so the waist shaping fit my waist. Well, it turns out that the lace band at the bottom gathers in the middle anyway. This pattern is designed so that the waist is exactly at that height. My meddling with the pattern makes the band crinkle at my hips in an ugly way. No wonder I'm no designer. Guess what I have to do now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm interested to hear of your electronic microscope adventures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...