Monday, June 25, 2007

As promised...


Here's the picture of the swap socks before I sent them in:


Liggy
says they fit, I'm glad she liked them. Of course, I also got something in this swap, from Steloide:

    


The pattern is Thirassia, by Mae. They fit great, and the little case will be very useful for crochet hooks and dpns. Those soft candies reminded my husband of "sugus", a type of candy he must have loved as a kid because they are disappearing fast!

My return to California was perfect. My mother is very stable and recovering little by litte. She's no longer connected to an IV line and the new oral antibiotics seem to go well with her.

This Summer I will learning how to operate a Scanning Electron Microscope. I'm already collecting bugs and spiders, but I also plan on taking a peek at some wool, silk and doggy hair. I wish I had some alpaca or mohair, or any other interesting fiber, but I don't, and my finances don't allow for any new purchases. But if there's a fiber addict out there with a few unspun strands to spare let me know. I promise to post any pictures I get.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm so glad that your mom is doing better :)

Sandra said...

Love socks you've received! I fell in love with the pattern the moment I saw it!



Glad to hear promosing news about your Mom!

Louise said...

Both pair of socks are lovely. If I had some more time I would be inclined to join a sock swap.



I'm happy to hear your mom is doing better.

Jennifer said...

Lovely socks, both! I'm glad to hear that your mother is improving.

Ivy said...

Socks are nice and good for you the case came out handy, I'm glad your mom is better now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...