Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The slow death of this blog


I've got to just write something , even if there's not much happening knit-wise. I wish I could say I've been busy, but in reality I haven't. See, after we moved I tried to get a job while my previous visa status allowed me to work. But I never found a job and now that our visa status has changed it is even less likely that I'll find someone willing to sponsor a worker's visa for me. So I'm stuck with being a worker's alien spouse who stays at home sulking. Suddenly I don't want to be a knitter anymore. I don't know why. I think it's because I was always something else in addition to a knitter. But when people ask, "so what are you up to now?" I just don't want to answer that I'm knitting. I should probably come up with something else to say to avoid people telling me I should have a baby or go back to grad school. Well, I could say I'm spending some quality time with the pooch. How's that sound?



But no, it wouldn't work. I can see it coming: "You REALLY  need to have a baby". Ugh.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have no advice other than to say, I hope you feel better. You'll come back to knitting.

Lana said...

I'm sad to hear you're feeling down. I'm sure things will work out for the best and something may turn up just around the corner....My advice is to take advantage of the down-time ^_^

Andrea said...

My SIL wanted to have another baby after having three children. I recommended another dog. She had a baby instead. :) It's hard measuring your "success" in life in a society that places an emphasis on working and your status in the organization. It will come together for you - it just might mean right now you have to take it one day at a time.

Sandra said...

Really no reason to call off this blog - after all you don' have to write only of knitting!

No matter of preassure don't have babby if you are not ready. Just tell others to buzz of. Believe me, kids are not easy job. When you in there, there is no turning back!

Head up, rainy girl!

Diane said...

Chin up Pioggia , i'm sure things will turn out just fine and i agree with the other girls don't be pressured into having a baby......your pooch looks to have settled in with you nicely and who knows whilst your at home maybe you could rehome another little pooch?? They are brilliant companions and a good way to exercise, when out walking they're also a good way of making new friends :) Good luck what ever you decide to do...but don't give up your knitting completely or your blog

Michele said...

Oh, bummer about the job thing. Have you considered volunteer work? There are lots of places that need people to help out and you can put it on your resume. That way a prospective employer will be more interested in sponsoring your visa because you obviously like to be productive. Just a suggestion. Hope you're feeling happier soon!

Heather said...

Pioggia, it sounds like you could use a little "engrish" to cheer you up. Or perhaps a viewing of a classic like "withnail and I" or "a fish called wanda" or something equally funny. How about visiting the photos from the handball website? I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon.

Louise said...

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going as you planned. My life is always doing that to me. I just close my eyes and grab on and hope things work out better then I imagined.



I hope you feel better soon and please don't stop blogging.

Stacie said...

Everyone that knits goes through slumps. Don't force yourself to knit. If it happens it happens :) I usually make jewelry when I get sick of knitting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...