Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bookcase pictures.

Heather's right. If I'm spending so much time putting these together I could post a few pictures:



I finished this bookcase first. I even put the first book on it. Putting it together and fixing it to the wall was very easy, in spite of those cabinets with doors. But this other  bookcase took forever:



It's too tall and too heavy, which also makes it less stable. I should have asked for the spouse's help but I'm too stubborn, so I assembled it all by myself. The floor is sloped  (or maybe it's just the carpet that makes it appear so) so making the shelves leveled was not easy. Also, I made a few mistakes whith the anchors I used to fix it to the wall. I'm glad my walls are white, because I had to use a lot of spackling paste and I didn't feel like painting it. I put a pair of lamps on the top shelf:



So that's it! Am I done? Well, no. We still have boxes of books that couldn't fit. So I went back to Ikea and Home Depot and I'm working on two more shelves for the large bookcase.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! They look tall!

Louise said...

Great job! You sound like me, I'd be a stubborn-headed wife and put the things up myself too. Help, I don't need any help.

Sandra said...

Believe or not but when you were writing (and whining) about that book case I immagined in my head you are Sewing book case!!!! (like those pillow cases ot knittined one for mobile phone,...) That's why your entry today were a surprise!

Name said...

those shelves look FANTASTIC. Nothing like a little ikea furniture to make you feel like a successful carpenter. :o)

Heather said...

thanks for humoring me with your bookcases - it's just the thought of all those boxes of books. they needed a good home, and now you've made incredible bookcases for them! wow - the one with doors is amazing.

VaxGirl said...

Oh, the lure of Ikea! Anyone with books loves Ikea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...