Thursday, July 22, 2004

You call that blocking?

Believe me, I tried. Twice, in fact.



And the reason it looks so crooked is because the brown yarn itself slants when you knit it:





This was a blocking nightmare. That's why I should block my swatches, so that I know what to expect from mystery yarns. So, have I blocked my swatches for the other projects? Er---no. I'm a hard headed knitter... But I also trust yarns that actually have labels on them. The brown mystery yarn came from somebody else's spring cleaning, and who knows what it's made of.


Here's how the orange top looks so far:




I also cast on for the ribbed sweater (remember the blue swatch?), even though I have a deadline for the orange top:


Did I mention I was a hard-headed knitter?

5 comments:

Stacie said...

It will still be nice and warm for the recipient :)

Marta said...

Pioggia, I have never blocked a swatch in my all life... I know I should. But...you know the bad-ass knitter manifest by Wendy??

Stacie said...

Hi there Pioggia. I just wanted to let you know that I posted a picture of the back of my colorwork.

Pioggia said...

Yes, I hope the recipient likes it anyway. I guess I'm also influenced by Wendy with this attitude, with several ongoing projects. Thanks for the encouragement.

Crystal said...

So where can I find cheap yarn??? And by-the-way, I think your knitting is fabulous! I wish I were good at it. I've been knitting since I was 6 and i still haven't mastered it yet! Although, I would like to brage about my crocheting abilities! :) Keep knitting! The sweaters and vests look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...