Sunday, July 04, 2004

Purple Thumb

I finally finished the edging on the green tank and blocked it. Also, I dyed the Spanish linen. I unraveled the linen from the cone and tied it with some cotton strands to prevent tangles. Apparently two of the strands were too tight, and as a result, the dye could not penetrate under them and I ended up with "tie-dye" yarn. It looks funny but I'm going to knit it anyway. And if I don't like the results it won't matter. This was my eight dollar experiment, remember?






See those pale flecks? I'm not going to worry about them.



In the middle of the process I noticed that my right thumb felt moist... and so I ended up with a purple thumb. I had stashed away a left glove from a previous pair (why is it that the right glove is always the first to break?), and I finished the job with my poor right hand squeezed inside a twisted rubber glove. They should really sell some right hand singles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...