Friday, July 16, 2004

Ebay needles

I've been blessed with a patient, knit-tolerant husband who lets me use his ebay ID to bid on stuff. Thanks to him, I now have the following:





This means I can now make a swatch with the katia yarn and maybe also with my eight dollar whim.

I've been knitting mostly with needles I get from my mom's stash, with the exception of a circular that I bought in walmart and a set of dp's that were far too expensive at a LYS. I bid on these needles because they included a pair of 5 mm, which I need for the katia. I like metric needles. I've used them all my life and I more or less know what type of yarn goes with which needle size. I remember my dad using a caliper to measure some unknown needles my mom got once. I don't even know what units are used to measure the diameter of British or US needles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...