Thursday, June 10, 2004

Green Tank

I tried to do the seams of my green tank yesterday. Big mistake. Block first, seam later, that's the lesson I've painfully learned in the past. How can I be so stubborn? Well, my stitches are easy to count and join. It's not like I'm attaching sleeves, which is more complicated than side seams. So, did I at least block the pieces for a second trial? No, I didn't. I blamed my failure on my tiredness and lack of attention, since I was trying to cook and seam at the same time. I pinned the pieces together and laid them between moist (not wet) towels. I call that quickie blocking. It does not work for wool but cotton is OK. We'll see how things go this evening. I still have to work on the collar, armholes and bottom edging. I cannot promise any pictures, my better half is very busy these days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...