Tuesday, June 29, 2004

eBay!

I bought some pretty yarn a while ago and it finally arrived:


I will turn this into a gift for my mother-in-law.

There are pretty yarns on ebay, but sometimes people don't offer enough yarn for a sweater, their usual clients probably stick to scarves only. And there's also those whose starting bids are too high, and when you add shipping and handling the total is comparable to what you get at your local shop. There's still lots of good deals, and though finding them takes time and you can be often outbid, eBay is still a fair source of cheap yarns.

I've been helping out with the quilt, basically pinning pieces together and ironing seams. It's coming out nicely and it will be finished soon.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Beautiful yarn! I just bought some yarn, and I think I'm going to put myself on a yarn diet hehe. Thanks for the well wishes for my kitty. I have had her since she was less than ten days old. I had to bottle feed her and so she thinks I'm her momma :) I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her.

Pioggia said...

I'm also yarn dieting after this. I have now enough for the rest of the summer. Let's hope Zoe stays healthy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...