Sunday, April 17, 2011

Remember the lazy pink thing?

This blog has been all about small projects (socks, mitts and hats) for too long. I am kind of fed up and want to go back to larger things. Which brings me to the lazy pink thing that I started back in 2007. I hated it then, having made some mistakes when modifying the pattern and then having to start over. Also, I was a little fed up with pink back then.




I am less averse to working with it now. Except for the sleeves. They are designed so they stick out, just like t-shirt sleeves. My first attempt at a sleeve looked really awkward when sewn in. My poor sewing abilities are partly to blame but I also think they would look ugly anyway even when sewn in by a pro.

Here's when ravelry saved me. NaiadKnitter finished this project but wrote on her notes that she would pick up stitches and knit the sleeves down from the shoulder on the next one.

And that is, precisely, what I am attempting to do:

IMG_1935


I hope it works...

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Don't know why, but I love tailored sleeves! I have my own sistem of how to do it - at works OK - only problem is - I am totally unable to put it on the paper (in understandable way)!

Got you came back to Pink one - I really love it!

Pioggia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pioggia said...

My dear Sandra, I might want to bribe you in order to make you share it. It was very difficult and even now I am not 100% happy with the results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...