Sunday, January 09, 2011

Squeaky socks

It's time to start a new pair of socks for the spouse. I did promise I'd use that gloomy gray yarn soon. But alas, not only is it gloomy, it also squeaks! It's all synthetic: nylon and acrylic. It's driving me nuts. Stitch after stitch, it squeaks loud enough that I can hear it and even feel the vibrations on my fingers.

Squeaky socks


The pattern is Gentleman's Fancy Socks (ravlery link). The spouse chose the pattern, which by coincidence I had also chosen for myself (from the same library book) three years ago.

Tomorrow will be my first day at the new job... I'm so nervous... maybe that's why I can't stand the squeaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you like the Gentleman's Fancy pattern? I've considered knitting it, but haven't yet.

Pioggia said...

It's very pretty and easy to memorize. I like it more now that I'm using a solid color. I tried it before with variegated yarn and liked it a lot, but this looks better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...