Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year!

This year starts well enough for me, with a recently finished pair of socks. I said I was going to knit until I ran out of yarn, and I did!

Scarlet Fever


I tried that once before when knitting the sunset socks, also with Opal yarn. In that occassion I was using the Coriolis pattern and I ran out of yarn earlier. Coriolis looks simple enough but it does use up more yarn than a plain sock. These socks are definitely longer.


Scarlet Fever


They stay up if I am not moving around much, but I plan on adding elastic thread later on.

I used this bindoff, which is a variation of what I always do (learned from Vaxgirl), except I do purls instead of knits. The results are very similar.

Another great thing about this New Year is that I will be starting a new job soon. I will not be making as much money as before, but it beats being unemployed, right?

1 comment:

jody said...

i love these! i know they didn't stripe the way you had hoped but i think they're really pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...