Saturday, March 22, 2008

Catching up

I'm much happier with the width of the socks. Of course, now I have to hurry up as much as I can in order to meet the deadline (April 15). I will start the increases pretty soon.



I finished another book this week: Fatima Mernissi's Dreams of Trespass: Tales of a Harem Girlhood. Quite an interesting first person account of a muslim woman's family traditions and her point of view on poligamy, the veil, and women's limited freedom. I read a Spanish translation.



The title in Spanish is quite different: Dreams at the Threshold. When I encounter such differences I always wonder what the author's preference would have been.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like Dreams at the Threshold better.

Sandra said...

love those stripes! Socks look so warm and cozy!

Ivy said...

I have the same questions when I read the english or spanish versions of a book...I will have to check out that book looks interesting =0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...