Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Old socks, new socks...



I did not want to begin my sock swap without finishing the pair I had on the needles. I originally wanted them longer, but never found the time to figure out how to adapt the increases to the pattern. Finally, I decided that it was time to  move on, so I made the cuff and finished them.

I used a short row heel...


And here's my attempt to show a close up of the pattern.


Now I can start knitting a new pair. This is the yarn I chose:


I already found a pattern I like a lot, except for the toe. Of course, I could make a regular toe. I am going to think things over before casting on, because I also have to adapt the pattern to my gauge.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Well done on finishing your lovely blue socks....i love the new sock yarn you've got there...i, alas still am a sock virgin,but i hope to blackmail my hubby into buying me some sock yarn soon! ;) Can't think what to use yet,but us girls have our ways ;)...i've got my eye on the pink Regia you've got there 8-)......i tried stealing it from the picture but it wouldn't work!LOL

Sandra said...

yay for the socks! Love the coloureway for the future ones!

Jennifer said...

Lovely socks! I like the yarn you've chosen for your next pair too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...