Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A different topic


I try to stick to knitting when it comes to this blog. So first, here's a sock and a half:



I've been meaning to write about something else for some time. Up until recently, whenever someone asked me if I had kids I would say: "not yet", and if they asked me if I was going to have any I would say: "probably". But the truth is, it is very likely that I will never have any biological kids, and little by little I've been coming to terms with this. The process is a little like coming out of the closet in that you have to let people know in order to avoid awkward situations. Since I'm telling my friends and relatives, I thought I should also say something here.

I'm going on a long trip soon, visiting family and friends (one of them 25 weeks pregnant). I'm looking forward to it, because I will be with people I love dearly but I'm also terrified about having to talk about my infertility. We'll be away for a total of three weeks. I sent my pooch back to Mexico with my parents because he can't come with us, and I don't think he can stay three weeks with people he doesn't know well, considering his hunger strike during our Vegas trip.



I miss him already. Luckily, my first stop will be visiting his mom, who happens to live with my sister. I'll soon have another fluffy white pooch to cuddle, even if only temporarily. Meanwhile, I'll go ask my neighbor if I can walk her doggy.

If I stop posting for a time rest assured that it will just be due to a crazy travel schedule, and that I'm certainly coming back to my knitting and my blogging about it.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your infertility. I'm not sure why you're terrified to tell your loved ones, but I'm sure they'll be supportive and loving.



Have a good trip!

Diane said...

Bless You!

I feel for you.....as a mother of two sons i can only say this....i don't know how you're really feeling.

I was much older when i had my boys....I was almost 28 when i married.When i met my husband i'd had no intention of having babies.....i'd always avoided the pass the parcel when work mates had bought their new borns into work to "show them off"

Now, in hindsight i realise why, because i always thought there wouldn't ever be a chance for me to have a family of my own.I'd always been "on the shelf"...i never met anyone to love me enough to want to marry me and settle down,let alone have a family with.



I guess what i'm trying to say in my own clumsy way is that sometimes things just happen...you've got your husband ,your family and pooch.People who love you dearly!

And tomorrows another day.....it was for me...from having no-one to having a husband and a son in 18 months!

And that's me! i've never been a fast worker..if you get what i mean ;) Otherwise i'd have been off that shelf way before i was!

I hope pooch keeps his chin up,but he was ok with your parents before wasn't he?....he'll miss you like crazy...just think what a welcome you'll get when you get home!

I wish you well on your trip, safe journey and a great get together with family and friends xx

Jennifer said...

I hope you have a nice trip.



Infertility is a difficult thing to explain to people. I went through the whole infertility thing before I had my children and I know how difficult it can be. I hope people are understanding.

Stacie said...

I am sorry about the infertility. You have my support and well wishes. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

Sandra said...

Good you let us know! People san be pretty stubborn asking the same ammoying question all over again! Our friends, married couple, also have problems with fertility and they don't like talking about that! Once one of them even commeted how sometimes it is not easy for them to stopp by us since we have kids! I offered them to be surogat mother, but hubby almost fainted - after all he doesn't know what is a feeling looking all those family with children and you are without them!

Hold on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...