Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The spoils

I was finally able to take a picture of the Sinfonía yarn I got in Mexico City. I also got to dig into my mother's knitting supplies and, with her approval, brought with me some metric needles. The aluminum ones used to belong to my great aunt, and the wooden ones to my grandmother. I also got some stitch holders and a set of 3.0 mm double point needles, which so far I had not been able to get in the US. That blue thing is a needle holder. It's not very pretty, but it's useful.



Of course, I brought many other non knitting things, most notably nine bags of spicy peanuts which my husband begged for.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Something knitted out of that yarn would perfectly match my hair coloure!

Peanuts - I like them caramelized!

Sandra said...

P.S. Yep, dear Rainy girl, trevel to Adriatic Sea is not a good news!

Jennifer said...

Lovely color for the yarn.

Marlena said...

What a beautiful color! Can't wait to see what you make out of it.

Louise said...

I love the colour of the yarn you bought. It reminds me of berries. I only have one pair of wooden needles and they are my favorite. Metal just doesn't feel as nice and warm as wooden. When I have money agian (ha ha ha) I'm going to replace my metal needles with wood.

Andrea said...

If you're ever looking for metric needles, drop me a line. I'd be happy to pick some up for you and send them your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...