Sunday, April 18, 2004

This should not be an expensive hobby...


But it is. If you're a knitter, you already know this. But non-knitters believe we actually save money because we knit our own clothes and Christmas presents and so forth. The truth is, pretty yarn is pretty expensive. Oh, don't get me wrong, some of the yarn out there is lovely and I'd love to knit it and wear it, but I cannot afford to spend much money for every single one of my projects.

As for patterns... I only finished a project from a pattern once and discovered too late that my gauge was wrong. Luckily, this was a sweater for my nephew and he eventually grew into it, but it seems that every swatch I've made since then comes out in the wrong gauge. Plus, I'm a free spirit. Halfway through a pattern I abandon all instructions and take off on my own. Which is good, because I'm a short person and always need height adjustments anyway.

So I'm a cheap knitter. I use cheap yarn and never buy patterns. I'll be posting a few pictures of my projects soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...