Sunday, February 19, 2012

Monochrome Argyle

I finished today the spouse's socks, the ones that were originally on my needles. I finished them using my grandmother's needles which, unlike my addis, have a stiffer cable and the union between cable and needle is not as smooth. Anyway, picture time:
Monochrome argyle
Monochrome argyle
Regarding the swap socks, this is the Rabbitworks yarn in the "Cryptic Notes" colorway. The camera does not do it justice. It combines several hues of deep blue. I look at it and think of sapphires.
Swapetines
And this is how it looks when combined with "Revenge" using the Pinwheel pattern:
Swapetines
I had to add a stitch, given that when knitting with two yarns you need an even number of stitches. Also, I refuse to make a pinwheel garter stitch toe. I know the garter stitch pinwheels are what give this pattern its name, but I personally find garter stitch toes very uncomfortable. This is the toe I prefer to wear, and so I used it for this pair of socks too.

1 comment:

sandra said...

wish I could knit two socks on 2 circ! I am so lame to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...