Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sock hanger and a few things

Not all pretty things are useful, but this one is.

Sock hanger


It is also cheap and thus fragile. From the moment I bought it I promised not to cry when it finally breaks, but it has lasted a few months now.

My scarlet fever socks have heels.

Scarlet Fever


The fingerless mitts have thumbs.

IMG_1725


And I am struggling to make another hat on the addi turbo. So far so good.

Hopefully a hat


Is there a way to correct a dropped stitch? I literally had to put a marker on the stitch, keep going and then use a crochet hook to pick up all the missing rows. I am lucky this happened towards the end.

Well, this toy is useful for making something else...

Sock blank


It's a sock blank!

Sock blank


I have been ignoring the castoff instructions, which require you to thread the stitches. I've been pulling the stitches off the machine and casting them off by hand. This will be particularly usefull when knitting from the sock blank.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the idea of making a sock blank on the loom. That is a great use for it. I think I might have one still stashed away in my closet. Now I need to go dig it out and give this a try. Have you made a swatch from your sock blank dyed with food coloring? The photo of it just dyed looks pretty.

Pioggia said...

I'm bad, I dye yarn and then put off knitting it into socks. I have dyed enough yarn for four pairs of socks, but here I am, knitting with commercial yarn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...