Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby Knitting


I hate baby knits. I know I sound bitter but that's the truth: I don't enjoy knitting for other people's babies given my own infertility issues. That said, I do share the joy babies bring to my friends' lives and am very happy for them. They know not to make me an outcast just because I have never experienced what they are going through, and they are wise to share the news and baby pictures, because they know I still love them and want to be part of their lives.

I am thrilled that one of my friends from college recently gave birth to a baby boy, but I felt terribly guilty about not sending in a handmade item. So here's a quick knit, from Bernat.



I used some leftover Caron Sayelle ack-rylic that I have had for quite some time. Not very absorbent, so probably a bad choice. But, it's machine washable, which is good, right?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Our close friend have fertility issue and as time passes by more and more they avoid people with kids and spend more time with couples like themselves.

I don't know, but I can only guess it is very hard for them, specially 'cause they wouldn't talk about that even if their life depends on it.

Lovely bib!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...