Wednesday, September 10, 2008

There!


Finally, here's a finished pair of sunset socks:




To celebrate, I decided to start a new pair of socks with some Knit Picks yarn. To my dismay, the skeins were wound up from different ends. I kept unraveling while searching for the same sequence on both skeins until I discovered what was wrong. By then, it was just easier to manually wind one of the skeins backwards:



Has anyone had this problem before? For me, this was the first time ever.

Anyway, please help me celebrate the completion of my eternal socks by suggesting me a few books to read for the current pair.

5 comments:

thuy said...

oh, read that one book by twain: letters from the earth.

thuy said...

lovely color combination. you must have infinite patience; that's a lot of sock to knit!

sandra said...

Sunset socks turned out great!

Cronin "The Spanish Gardeber"

Jennifer said...

Lovely socks! Hmmm, I don't have any book suggestions. I'm reading the second book of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer.

Louise said...

Your socks a fabulous.



I've been meaning to try some self striping/patterning sock yarn - I don't know though if I find myself having to rewind a skein because it's backwards. I'm not a patient woman :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...