Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ankles!


OK, now that both heels are completed, I can keep going round and round unitl I run out of yarn. There will be some increases down the way, but those can easily be handled by the coriolis stripe spiraling around the leg: I'll just skip the corresponding decreases. It will still take me a long time, but having both socks on the needles will help.



The book in that picture is Ladies Coupé, by Anita Nair. It seems that I am drawn to women issues when it comes to reading about far away lands. I was very surprised to see how many things I felt women in my own country have in common with women in India. I could relate to many of the issues that each character brings up. Yet, I felt very distant from these characters. It could be because the setting was just too foreign for me, but I think another problem is the way the book is written. It is neither a novel, nor a set of short stories. It feels like a lot of loose ends who the author tried to tie together, not entirely succesfully. Nevertheless, it was a very enjoyable introduction to a culture I am only slightly familiar with.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do you find that knitting socks goes faster when you have both on the needles at the same time?

Pioggia said...

Oh yes, I do! finishing a row on a needle means 1/2 row on each sock. In other words, one full row. I find that I always slow down when changing needles, be it dpns or cable needles, so definitely having both socks on the needles helps. And it also eliminates second sock syndrome!

thuy said...

AHHAAHAHAH. looks like you read two shelves of books before finished the socks. figures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...